Skål USA Mission Statement
Across all sectors of tourism, provide maximum networking opportunities, career development, and business growth through leadership, trust, and friendship while supporting a responsible travel industry.
Why should I join?
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated. “Doing Business among friends”. Skål is not a community organisation like Rotary or Lions, rather it benefits and develops the professional sector, while assisting the community at large. Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry’s professionalism.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Here, in an atmosphere of amicale, ideas, opportunities and industry matters, in general, may be shared on a personal and business level. Skål members should promote the organisation, the formation of new Clubs and recruit qualified members.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in
times of financial need or crisis.
- The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided
by Skål Members.
- The network of Skål Members worldwide is now accessible via the Skål website in www.skal.org. Information
on members around the world is at your fingertips.
- Skål Members are welcome at all meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network
of Skål friends and colleagues.
- Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organisation and an avenue
for advertising exposure to 16,000 industry professionals.
- In USA there are 48 Clubs in 48 Cities with over 2000 members who are executives/ leaders in the different
branches of travel and tourism industry
- To become a member, please reach out to your local chapter and they can help you through the process: Click here