|Salary||Based on Experience|
|Job Postion||Executive Chef|
Full-time Executive Chef position available at the Doubletree by Hilton Reid Park in Tucson, Arizona.
The Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Tucson – Reid Park is in the process of a large renovation project including two restaurants and banquet facility. A beautiful property located on 14 manicured acres in midtown Tucson, 287 rooms, large banquet facilities and a courtyard. A large main kitchen with upgraded dining outlets.
Our Executive Chef will be responsible for creating menus for all dining outlets, including banquets, IRD and pool service. We are seeking an experienced, organized professional that understands the challenge awaiting and has no fear.
Chefs must meet (but are not limited to) the following requirements:
- Certifications: Meets all requirements for maintaining designation as a Certified Professional Food Manager.
- Implement Company policies, particularly as they relate to beverage preparation, inventory controls, portioning, health standards and safety.
- Be knowledgeable of food and beverage sales prices and how the prices are applied.
- Participate in Company-sponsored continuing education and training programs.
- Maintain certain inventories of products, such as food and supplies.
- Maintain clean, safe, secure and organized work areas.
- Minimize waste of food, beverages and supplies.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary Company information, including, but not limited to, hotel performance statistics, information about agreements with clients, information about prospective business, hotel financial information and employee personal and salary information throughout and after employment by the hotel.
- Achieve the standards of performance for this position.
- Control expenses with the percentage and dollar limits of the budget for food, kitchen labor and supplies.
- Prepare work schedules and give work assignments (consistent with Company policies) to kitchen utility staff, cooks and pantry workers.
- Report to management all comments from customers and prospective customers that affect the Company’s image or services.
- Keep accurate records of food prepared and issued for service.
- Establish and assist with the completion of shift checklists.
- Prepare and adhere to food recipes.
- Calculate and record food costs for each recipe.
- Approve invoices and prepare summaries of food invoices.
- Implement and enforce Company standards for food presentation and plate decoration.
- Assist the sales staff members with planning of menus for banquet and special events.
- Report payroll hours to management.
- Take, record and place a value on written inventories of food and supplies.
- Interview and comment on prospective kitchen employees.
- Education: There are no educational requirements for this position.
- Citizenship: Proof of United States citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Language Skills: Able to read drink orders, catered bar orders, drink recipes, delivery documents and delivery documents in English. Able to understand and be understood during English conversations with guests, hotel staff, delivery people and other visitors.
- Transportation: There are no transportation requirements for this position.
- Travel: There is no special travel requirement for this position.
- Equipment Skills: Able to use all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Personal Skills and Characteristics: Have a high degree of organization skills and attention to detail. Have good work initiative, work habits and flexibility. Creative and able to follow instructions.
- Work Experience: Have experience as a cook and supervisor.
- Safety and Health Knowledge: Knowledgeable on the Company’s safety, security and health policies as they apply to kitchen operations and manager-on-duty responsibilities and duties; knowledgeable on local health code standards.
- Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift and carry 50 pounds for the purpose of moving, handling and storing food products, kitchen equipment and supplies. Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and squat for using under-counter and overhead equipment and storage. Able to stand for periods of eight hours with breaks. Able to climb and descend stairs and lift and carry 50 pounds upstairs.