Why should I join?
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated. “Doing Business among friends”. Skål is not a community organisation like Rotary or Lions, rather it benefits and develops the professional sector, while assisting the community at large. Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry’s professionalism.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Here, in an atmosphere of amicale, ideas, opportunities and industry matters, in general, may be shared on a personal and business level. Skål members should promote the organisation, the formation of new Clubs and recruit qualified members.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in times of financial need or crisis.
- The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided by Skål Members.
- The network of Skål Members worldwide is now accessible via the Skål website in www.skal.org. Information on members around the world is at your fingertips.
- Skål Members are welcome at all meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network of Skål friends and colleagues.
- Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organisation and an avenue for advertising exposure to 16,000 industry professionals.
Benefits on the national/Local levels
- In the USA there are 50 Clubs in 50 Cities with over 2000 members who are executives/ leaders in the different branches of travel and tourism industry
- Once a month meetings with local club members offering networking opportunities
- National/International Skål meetings where you get the opportunity to meet other Skålleagues in person
- Quarterly newsletters on national/local activities
- Quarterly educational webinars for members covering industry trends and relevant membership information
- Affiliation with prestigious worldwide organizations
To become a member, please reach out to your local club and they can help you through the process. Click here to access the application on the Skål International website.
beCOME a Member of a Skål International CLUB
Click Here to see the Skål Membership Handout
Annual Membership Dues
Please contact the nearest Skål International USA club for more information on local and national dues. Click here for local Skål USA club locations.
Membership Development Assistance Funds for Clubs
- Financial assistance for membership development and special events will be available from the special Skål International Membership Development Fund as reflected and approved in the budget presented at the General Assembly.
- Assistance will be available for the formation or reactivation of a Club and a substantial net increase in the number of members in a Club.
- Applications for financial assistance must be approved well in advance (minimum 3 weeks prior) of the event and will be paid on presentation of the performance report and the appropriate invoices following the event. Retroactive requests for assistance will not be considered.
- It is expected that Skål Clubs that are members of a National Committee and who apply for funding assistance from Skål International should also seek funding from their National Committee. In principal, funding should be provided on a three-way split up to a maximum amount of 300 Euros from Skål International. National Committees looking for support for a national event or trade show (not an international event) can request up to 500 Euros and those applying for assistance with an international event or trade show that Skål International is not already supporting can apply for up to 1000 Euros.
- SIUSA will match all financial assistance approved by Skål International for use as membership development funds by SIUSA clubs.
- The Executive Committee will decide each case on its merits. The Executive Committee’s decision in this regard will be final.
Membership Development Operational Plan
Membership recruitment and retention is very important to the success of the organization. Click here for power point presentation on Skal Membership Development Operational Plan