Mission statement: As the industry leader, ABA advances North American motorcoach travel to fulfill the transportation and travel needs of the public.
Summary of services: ABA serves as the administrator agency for SKÅL International USA. A summary of member benefits for the travel industry segment is below:
Membership in ABA gives you:
• Direct access to more than 900 safe and reliable motorcoach and tour operator member companies. Every day, ABA member Motorcoach and tour operators transport millions of passengers to destinations across North America and bring their groups to ABA member communities, hotels, restaurants, and other attractions.
• Marketing tools, research, education and training to get you in front of those operators.
• Publications that keep you informed and help promote your business, including ABA’s Motorcoach Marketer, our annual membership directory, ABA’s weekly e-newsletter the ABA Insider, and the bi-monthly magazine, Destinations that keeps you apprised of industry events, strategies to enhance your business, features on the hottest destinations, and much more.
• A 24/7 crisis communications service for ABA members that is not replicated by anyone in the industry, to ensure that you have the help you need in the event of an emergency.
• The ABA Marketplace, where you have face-to-face business appointments, professional education and networking opportunities with 3,500 travel industry professionals who can grow your business.
• On-line access for your staff to access real-time information on all ABA members, including profile and contact information.
ABA’s Annual Meeting & Marketplace
January 26-30, 2018
Synopsis of top issues:
ABA is continually engaged on issues pending at the White House, Congress, the Department of Transportation, as well as State and Local Governments that affect the motorcoach, tour and travel industry. The industry’s legislative and policy priorities include transportation planning, transportation finance, hours of service, FLSA, inspections, ports of entry, passenger security, motorcoach safety, and equitable competition.
Key Executive: Peter Pantuso, President and CEO