Why should I join?
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated. “Doing Business Among Friends”. Skål is not a community organization like Rotary or Lions, rather it benefits and develops the professional sector, while assisting the community at large. Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry’s professionalism.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Here, in an atmosphere of amicale, ideas, opportunities and industry matters, in general, may be shared on a personal and business level. Skål members should promote the organization, the formation of new Clubs and recruit qualified members.
WhO CAN BE A MEMBER OF SKÅL?
If you are employed or work in the travel and tourism industry as a manager, director or owner, or are a vendor/supplier with the majority of your business services the tourism industry, you are mostly likely eligible to become a Skål USA member. See the full benefits of being a member here. Contact the nearest club to you by going to our Skål USA club locator or send an email to SkalUSAmembership@skalusa.org.
A complete list of membership requirements and categories can been seen by clicking here!
What are the benefits of Membership?
- Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in times of financial need or crisis.
- The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided by Skål Members. Skål USA Members discounts available now.
- The network of Skål Members worldwide is now accessible via the Skål website in www.skal.org. Information on members around the world is at your fingertips.
- Skål Members are welcome at all meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network of Skål friends and colleagues.
- Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organisation and an avenue for advertising exposure to 16,000 industry professionals.
Benefits on the national/Local levels
- In the USA there are 45 clubs representing cities and regions throughout the USA, with over 1,800 members who are executives/ leaders in the different business segments of the travel and tourism industry
- Once a month meetings with local club members offering networking opportunities
- National/International Skål meetings where you get the opportunity to meet other Skålleagues in person
- Quarterly newsletters on national/local activities
- Quarterly educational webinars for members covering industry trends and relevant membership information
- Affiliation with prestigious worldwide organizations such as US Travel Association, Destination International, American Bus Association and many others
New UATP Insider’s Club Membership for Skâl USA Membership: See Press Release here!
– UATP Insider’s Club offers member benefits and travel protection coverage when you travel on industry-free, reduced rate or full-fare tickets on a scheduled airline, Amtrack Passenger Train or Cruise Line.
– SKÅL USA Members can sign up at www.uatptravelprotection.com. Individual family plans start as low as $26.95 for 12 months of coverage. Insider’s Club is a benefit to protect Skal Members when traveling. (For Skal members not clients)
Travel Accident Protection
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
Checked Lost/Stolen Baggage Protection
24-Hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance
Plus much more…
TESTIMONIALS From Travel Industry Leaders
SKÅL INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
To become a member, please reach out to your local club and they can help you through the process. Click here to access the application on the Skål International website.
Join the most important global network in the Travel and Tourism industry
beCOME a Member of a Skål International CLUB
Skål International is an Association of Travel and Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of contacts around the world.
THE SKÅL TOAST
The Skål Toast has a long tradition and historically kicks off the beginning of a Skål meeting no matter where the county the Skål club calls home. The Toast: Happiness, Good Health, Friendship, Long Life — Skål is spoke in the host county language, but historically at a international meeting, the toast is given in English, French and Spanish. View the toast in all three languages.
Skål Boston’s Holiday Party with almost 300 attendees. President Ed Friedrich and their creative genius, David Colella, making a wonderful Skål Toast. Join with us in the Boston Skål Club Toast.
Annual Membership Dues
Please contact the nearest Skål International USA club for more information on local and national dues. Click here for local Skål USA club locations.
|New Member Initiation Fee*||Skål International Dues
||Skål USA Dues||Local Club Dues||Total|
* Includes $3.00 for Membership Development & $1.00 for the Skål USA club hosting an annual NASC & AGM meeting
**Subtract the “New Member Fee” from total amount for returning members
BRAND NEW PRO-RATED DUES POLICY EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2020
New Members joining in September 2020 will enjoy not only the balance of 2020 but also receive full membership in 2021.. That’s four months of networking, friendship and mentoring for free. free. You pay the full amount for the year, plus a small administrative fee and following approval you are a member of Skål.
Payment of dues for all members is to be made to Skål International USA no later than January 31, 2021
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – CLUBS IN DEVELOPMENT
There are several markets in the United States that have shown an interest. If you are a Skål member and relocating to San Antonio, Houston, Savannah, Detroit, Minneapolis, San Diego, or any other market where a Skål club can be formed, please send an email to Dave at David.Ryan@skalusa.org or Jim at Jim.Dwyer@skalusa.org.
Two newest clubs are Southwest Florida and Phoenix.
Skål Phoenix, – It started with a March 8 visit by Skål USA Executive Committee members David Ryan and Jim Dwyer, who attended the membership development meeting in the Phoenix Arizona area. Skål USA Auditor, Art Allis, and Past Region 5 Skål USA Vice-President, Tom Moulton, were in attendance to give all organizational assistance. Incoming President Kate Heath organized a great kick off event, which helped launched Skål USA 50th club in September 2018. Congratulations to President Kate, her officers and members for re-activating Skal Phoenix. More info about joining the club, please contact Kate Heath.
SKÅL USA Membership Tools
Holding a Skål USA B2B Event.
Skål International – Atlanta holds an annual B2B event where regional tourism businesses are able to get to know each other and learn more about Skål USA Atlanta. Burcin Turkkan, Skål USA President, introduced the B2B event through a video showing this is a great membership recruitment idea. Please enjoy her video. If you have events that your Skål club participates in, please send us pictures, or video of the event.
Skål International’s Road Map to 2020 Plan
The Skal International Executive Committee was tasked to develop a new visioning plan for Skal International and its members to ensure the continuing success of the organization.