Skål USA PRESS & Webinars
Skål USA NEWSLETTERS
Skål USA PRESS RELEASES
- October 22, 2020: Skål International Holds Successful Annual General Meeting – Roger Dow Receives Honor
- June 17, 2020: New Partnership Announced with UATP
- May 11, 2020: Skål International USA Announces Program To Help Hospitality Workers
- March 17, 2020: Eight Skal International Women receive awards during CONNECT Travel Conference, by Women in Travel and Tourism International (WITTI).
- December 18, 2019: 2019 An Active Year for Skal International USA President: Meet the New 2020 Skal USA Leadership Team
- September 24, 2019: Skål International Chicago Celebrates 80 Years
- August 12, 2019: Skål International USA Calls For Exemption For Travel Advisors In California
- July 2, 2019: Boston Skål Club Member Receives Skål USA’s Bill Sweet Award
- January 28, 2019: Skal USA Honor Boston Skal Club, Plans for the Future
- December 11, 2018: Skål International USA Ends 2018 on a High Note
- August 8, 2018: Skål International USA Prioritizes Transportation Infrastructure Investment to Enhance Tourism
- May 29, 2018: Skål International USA Raises National Industry Visibility at IPW
- May 5, 2018: Brand USA’s Chris Thompson Receives First Skål International USA National Tourism Leadership Award
- April 2, 2018: Skål USA Joins National Tourism Advocates
- February 22, 2018: Skål USA Executive Committee Meets for 2018 Winter; Selects Two Key Issues
Skål USA MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- October 23, 2020: Three Skål International Washington DC Members Recognized Internationally. Roger Dow, William Moyer, and Steve Richer bring home honors to the USA. Read More here!
- October 22, 2020: Skål International, the world’s largest Travel and Tourism Association, held its 81 annual General Assembly Meeting last week and honored Roger Dow, President and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association, as the Skål International “Ambassador of the Year”… Read More here!
- October 20, 2020: “The First US Woman VP elected on Skal International Executive Board,” — On October 17th, 2020, during the 81st Annual General Meeting held online, Burcin Turkkan representing the United States has been elected as the Senior Vice President on the Skal International Executive Board. Turkkan is the first female Skal International USA member to be elected on the Skal International Executive Board and reaching the ranking of Senior Vice President at the Skal International level. Read More here!
- October 14, 2020: Some wonderful news for a change as Skål DC member Markus Platzer, GM at InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C. was voted NO 1 hotel in Washington D.C. by Conde Nest Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2020. Markus was appointed in August 2017 and he and his team have led this wonderful historic hotel to new heights. Congratulations Markus from all your friends at Skål DC. We value your membership in Skål DC. Read More here!
- October 7, 2020: Today, Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, announces the launch of Brand USA Global Marketplace—a one-stop shop for U.S. travel partners and international audiences to interact. Brand USA Global Marketplace is a custom-built, always-on, virtual platform that provides access to a diverse range of U.S. destinations, attractions, and points of interest for the international travel industry. Learn More!
- September 23, 2020: Please join me in congratulating Skål DC member Elliott L. Ferguson II, President & CEO at Destination DC on his recognition by Northstar Meetings Group as a top 25 influencer of the Meetings Industry. Read more here!
TOURISM INDUSTRY NEWS
Executive Educational Webinars
Webinar: Conversation with Tourism Panel of Industry Experts featuring Roger Dow, President & CEO, U.S. Travel Association; Zane Kerby, President & CEO, American Society of Travel Advisors; Dave Hilfman, Interim Executive Director, Global Business Travel Association & Chip Rodgers, President & CEO, American Hotel & Lodging Association. “The Current Impact on the Travel Industry and its Future Outlook”. Wednesday, December 16 -1 pm (ET)
Webinar: Conversation with Teri Davena and Mario Giuliani, City of Benicia’s Office of Economic Development. Join Teri and Mario as they present “From Surviving to Thriving” – a case study of how one city is working to meet overwhelming challenges to tourism and small businesses faced with COVID-19 restrictions. The city of Benicia, CA has not only been flourishing but has laid out a groundwork for post COVID-19.
Thursday, December 3, 2020 – 2:00 pm (ET).
Webinar: Conversation with Peter Pantuso, President & CEO, American Bus Association “The Way Forward with Peter Pantuso: What Happens Next with the Motorcoach and Group Travel Industry?”, Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – 1:00 pm (ET)
– Webinar Recording
Webinar: Conversation with Bob Shaff, “How to Rebound from COVID-19 pandemic with your customers (and your friends)”, Thursday, October 15, 2020
2 pm (ET)
Webinar: Conversation with Eduardo Santander PhD, Executive Director/CEO of the European Travel Commission; September 3, 2020 (10 am – ET)
– Webinar Recording
– ETC Additional Resources from Webinar
Webinar: Continuing the Conversation with Roger Dow, President & CEO – (USTA) – August 13, 2020 (2 pm – ET)
– Webinar Recording
– U.S. Travel Association Additional Resources From Webinar
Webinar: A Conversation with Zane Kerby
Webinar: A Conversation with Anthony Melchiorri
Webinar: A Conversation with Chris Thompson
Webinar: A Conversation with Peter Greenberg
Webinar: A Conversation with Roger Dow
Business and Social Virtual Meetings
Webinar: 2020 Virtual Skål USA AGM & NCM
Young Skål: Educational Member Presentation
Coronavirus Information & Updates
Skål USA Presents, "A Conversation with Roger Dow" Click on the link above to hear the full conversation. Roger Dow's advice for more information on the CORONAVIRUS & TOURISM:
U.S. Travel Association Updates on Coronavirus and Tourism
- Our general resource page
- Our CARES Act details page (will be updated as we learn more)
- Current CARES Act summary
- Sign up form for our Coronavirus newsletters
- Travel in the New Normal: Health Guide to Travelers
CARES Act: U.S. Travel provides answers to the most commonly-asked questions, including the types of assistance available and how the CARES Act applies to specific businesses and organizations.
Skål USA Podcasts
May 11: Hotel Impossible host Anthony Melchiorri announcing USA #HOSPITALITYSTRONG RELIEF FUNDRAISER effort with Skål USA President Dave Ryan and Mark Irlang, Skal USA Long Island President on “Checking In Blog with Anthony & Glenn”
Skål International Promotional Brochure
Skål International Press Kit
Skål Position Papers
Skål USA Press Releases – ARCHIEVES
- December 29, 2017: Skål USA Celebrate a Successful 2017 and New Officers
- October 12, 2017: Skål International to Bring Worldwide Tourism Event to Miami, Mexico and Caribbean in 2019; First Global Support for Disaster Impacted Region
- September 13, 2017: Skål USA Joins Trade Groups to Aid Hurricane-ravaged Destinations
- September 13, 2017: Work in Tourism? Meet Other Pros with Skal Group
- September 5, 2017: Uzbekistan Embassy Hosts Skål International USA Executive Committee, SI Washington and Skål Scholars
- June 5, 2017: Skål International USA Urges Retention of Funding for Brand USA
- April 1, 2017: Project Time Off, U.S. Travel Association
- February 13, 2017: New Skål International USA Executive Committee Officially Takes Office, Defines Goals at 2017 Winter Board Meeting in Orlando
- September 29, 2016: Skål International USA Meets with Tourism Industry Leaders Plots New Partnerships and Expanded Relationships
- September 20, 2016: Skål International USA Holds National Committee Meeting in Little Rock, Arkansas Unites Tourism Industry
- September 19, 2016: Skal International USA National Committee Meeting Unites Industry Executives and Future Leaders
- August 15, 2016 : Skål and UNWTO Condemn Recent Terror Attacks
- August 12, 2016: Skål International USA Condemns Terrorism
- July 13, 2016: Skål International USA Restructures Board Positions by 90 Percent of Delegates Vote During June Annual General Meeting in Boise, Idaho
- June 2, 2016: Skål International USA Announces Officers